Sunday 3 August 2014

Gen Con - My Itinerary (The Saturday)

I hope you've all recovered from the last post not being about Gen Con.
I could have put Gen Con references in it as after all it's about posting daily about RPGs in August which is when Gen Con happens but I decided to make it all about RPGaDay instead.

Anyway, where were we?  Ah yes, Gen Con!!!

So by now my horde of stalkers will be thinking "What does Dave have planned for his Saturday at Gen Con?"  Let me tell you this, it's mostly D&D.

Dungeons & Dragons the New Edition : Ready, Set, Play! - My day starts at 10am taking part in what's essentially a 2 hours session / workshop of how to play the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons.  Sounds like a great way of doing it as there will be members of the D&D team there to handle questions and walk people through Character Creation. This is as much about ensuring that I've grasped the mechanics of the game as it is about anything else.
Anyone who knows my gaming style knows that I'm -ahem- somewhat lax about reading rulebooks cover to cover.  If I can't remember a rule I will invariably wing it rather than pull the rulebook out to check the rules.  That's probably a post all by itself...

Secrets Of Sokol Keep - Now we're talking.  4 hours of D&D 5th Edition goodness. Full scenario spec is below and I don't know if this is simply down to me being a D&D Fanboy or not but the spec really sounds great - "Decades have passed since Sokol Keep was reclaimed, and a small garrison placed there along with a beacon to help guide ships. Now, that beacon has gone dark, and the garrison has disappeared. In Phlan, rumors circulate that something ancient was discovered in the grounds beneath the keep, dating to before the clerics of Tyr built the small fortress. Uncover the secrets of Sokol Keep!"

Live Shut Up & Sit Down Podcast! - Ok so this one is another "optional" ones that I've signed up for.  Shut Up & Sit Down is a vid/podcast series about playing tabletop games. I have enjoyed a number of their shows in the past and particularly like their Intro to board games video.  I'm not really that bothered about going to the event though (there are still tickets available so again no guilt associated) but similarly I am tempted.

Corruption in Kryptgarden - Yep that's more D&D!  The added benefit of being in this event is that it means I'm already where I need to be for the event that follows it which is the D&D CELEBRATION CEREMONY.

That takes us to well 9pm for when Corruption finishes and the D&D CELEBRATION CEREMONY is only supposed to last an hour (yeah, right) so that's a 10pm finish.  Again the temptation exists to play some late night Magic: The Gathering...  we'll wait and see how the old body is fairing at that point!  After all it's not like we're leaving on the Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment