Tuesday 28 October 2014

Gaming at a Beer Festival

So I'm going to a craft beer festival - Cambolicious - on Saturday 8th November and I'm taking games with me to play with people I know and hopefully introduce some games to complete strangers.

Given it's a beer festival and the focus is on the beer I'm not looking for any in depth gaming experience but I do want to take some "pocket sized" and easy to learn games that we can just break out if we feel the urge.

So which games fit that requirement?

Dragon Slayers from Indie Boards & Cards - It's quick and fun and very very portable.
Other dice games would also work and I'll likely take Zombie Dice with me too.

Jungle Speed from Asmodee - A really fun dexterity game that always seems to be better with alcohol....
Coup from erm Indie Boards & Cards! - Very very portable and quick to play bluffing game.

Magic: The Gathering from Wizards Of The Coast - Well ok so this is a 2 player game and I don't have any functioning decks other than old demo decks but I might take them anyway...  It's a fun game and absolutely can be played casually.

Get Bit from Mayday Games - Afterall, what's more fun than trying to swim faster than your friends to ensure you don't get eaten by a shark?

Get Lucky from Cheapass Games - I've not played it yet but it's quick and looks like a lot of fun.  Essentially Cluedo in reverse (i.e. you're each trying to commit murder).  Plus who doesn't want to play as Fauntleroy Shabozz???

Love Letter from AEG (Alderac Entertainment Group) - Whilst I'm still not 100% sure about this game I do like it's simplicity and speed so definitely a candidate to take.

Poo The Card Game from Wildfire LCC / Catalyst Game Labs - After all who doesn't want to pretend to be a monkey throwing poo at each other?

Any suggestions of other "pocket sized" games suitable for a beer festival?

No comments:

Post a Comment