So over on End The Turn we've launched a few episodes and posted a number of reviews. We've not had much feedback on how we're doing so please give us feedback. We'd love it.
Even if it's just people laughing at +Liz Mackie shouting at me.
Our most recently published episode is Gaming Resolutions and it reminded me of my previous New Year posts on here and in turn prompted me to write this post.
So a quick checkpoint on where I'm at before I get onto where I'm heading.
- Balanced gaming - Still very board / card game heavy. That's no bad thing but something I want to improve on in 2017.
- More gaming overall - Think I'm sustaining my ENT / DWARF attendance levels plus with a splash of other home / holiday based gaming it's getting there. Just needs more!
- More involved - End The Turn is a large part of this for me but not all that I want to do.
- Event Attendance - 2017 will be the year I improve this.
- Organise Events - I'm going to do everything I can to ensure that Roll Against Cancer will happen in 2017. Venue selection so far has been a challenge (apply many expletives of your choice to this) but hope to make some progress on that in January and February.
- Only buy it if you're going to use it - Still largely sticking to this although I think my board game purchasing record is proving a challenge to comply!
- Is everyone having fun? Including you - Cornerstone of every time I play a game.
- Accept that you're going to be the GM - Well this is an eternal principle but hopefully 2017 will see me be a Player Character if only in games ran at events.
- Change is a good thing and is necessary - Cult of the new is something of a thing with board games especially. The "edition change" dynamic hasn't occurred for a while...
- Opinions aren't as important as knowledge and experience - So this is being challenged a little via End The Turn where I'm essentially giving my opinion on things but hopefully it's an educated opinion. I've not had a hobby related rant for a while though!
Next post will be about number 4 in my Objectives.