Tuesday 20 August 2013

Hobby Objectives

To progress my journey through the 2nd Chapter I've been thinking about some objectives I'd like to achieve in my hobby.
  1. Sustainable and regular gaming.  At the moment I'm averaging twice a month and want to increase this to three times a month if not more.  I think more is really only achievable through gaming on nights other than Fridays though.
  2. Play more with more.  Connected to 1 but really about playing more games with more people.  Essentially expanding that gaming network.  Plus there are people who I haven't gamed with either at all or in a very long time and I'd like to resolve that.
  3. Home based gaming.  Again connected to 1 but all about gaming at home.  I've been talking about this on and off for the past few months but I want to actually make it happen this year.  Now whether that's through playing games with non-gamers (family etc) or through having a gaming night at the house I'm not that fussed.
  4. Play something new at least one in every six gaming sessions.  This is as much about expanding my knowledge of the games that are out there as it is about increasing the fun!
  5. Visit more game shops.  For this year that'll be UK based game shops.  There are a few specific shops that are on my "must visit" list and I hope to visit at least 3 of them before the year is out.
These are all achievable this year and I'm already thinking of some longer term ones but that'll be a future post or indeed posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment