Saturday 31 August 2013

J is for Jawa

Whilst it's not likely to be kicking off for a few months due to D&D Next playtesting I am starting to plan what I want to do with Star Wars Edge Of The Empire.

As I've said a number of times this game has been a contributing catalyst to this 2nd Chapter and I want to look at how best to develop my ideas for it.  Critically though I want to do that with the players so that the setting is by their design.

Before I do any of that though I need to make the time to read the book more thoroughly as there seems to be a fantastic amount of GM style resources in there particularly around how you establish the "party origin".

To help with things like that I've been searching for additional ways to flesh out the background of the players and indeed the nemeses I plan to use.  This is where the internet really comes to your aid as there's always someone who's blogged about what you're looking for, you just have to know where to look for it.

One of the best blogs out there on EotE is Triumph & Despair not just because it has some great homebrew material but it has a funky EotE Alphabet which they use to generate scenario templates.  Now this is really nothing more than a collection of random encounter tables with additional fluff.  The beauty of it though is that fluff.  Now it might get a bit repetitive over time and to help with that I've come up with a different Alphabet, ok so maybe not come up with it and more a case of discovering.

There's a Flickr album out there with a Star Wars set of Alphabet Cards and I'm sorely tempted to write a companion to the Triumph & Despiar EotE Alphabet using these cards as the trigger.

Just remember that J is for Jawa!

No comments:

Post a Comment